Manager Communications & Design
‘A pragmatic people manager with proven track record in impactful communications’
You have a strong drive for branding and you are passionate about communications in any way, shape or form. A people manager and strategic compass for the team. You like to get things done together with your team. It gives you energy. You have a proven track record in branding and operationalizing strategy with a team of experts.
You are the gatekeeper of the organization’s reputation and international positioning which is a precondition for growth and organizational success.
You will be working with a team of ten communications professionals and several interns.
You are going to work for a non-governmental organization. The organization is founded in UK, and soon followed by organizations in Canada and the Netherlands. The organization is young and dynamic, and is trying to keep an informal ambiance within their office, with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees.
- Safeguard the use of the brand. Operationalize our branding in different plans, campaigns and communication channels;
- Execute the Annual Plan of Communications and Design together with the team;
- Operationalize Marketing, Communication & Fundraising (MCF) strategy and draft proposals for efficient implementation with clear processes and policies in place;
- Drive and support team with development of communication plans for corporate (national and international) and country communications and ensure/steer on budget and capacity for implementation;
- Responsible, together with the Media & Press Officer, for the way ambassadors communicate and are positioned;
- Monitor budget and report deviations;
- Monitor implementation of planned communication activities, signal shortages, take action for improvement;
- Advice management and employees, on demand or without demand, on internal or external communication issues and on crisis situations;
- Ensure proper quantitative and qualitative staffing within the team in order to achieve the determined objectives with a focus on efficiency and agile working;
- Responsible for the execution of the established personnel policies and conducts performance appraisals with the employees involved;
- Being a sparring partner to the coms team as well as the other managers of the Marketing, Communication & Fundraising Department.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position within an international organization;
- Knowledge and experience in the field of leadership/management and the implementation of strategy;
- Experience within an international non-governmental organization is an advantage;
- You have excellent communication skills in English and Dutch (verbal and written);
- Strong critical analysis and strategic thinking skills;
- Planning and organisational skills;
- Project management, result driven and strong advisory skills;
- Knowledge of Agile way-of-working is an advantage;
- Degree in Communication (minimum BSc level);
- Available on short notice for 32-40 hours per week;
- Creative mind and of course a good sense of humor!
Are you the people-manager we are looking for? Surprise and inspire us with your motivation. We are curious about you! Please send your letter of motivation and your resume to Eline at Eline@spargle.com. Or for more information call: 035 747 07 47.