What if I told you back in 1998 you could be a part of the first team of Google, or what if I told you 8 years ago you could be the UX designer of Uber? Well… we are offering the chance to be a part of the next big thing.
The company is a dynamic startup with global aspiration. You will be part of a very diverse family of team members. They are convinced that your success is their success.
They are on a mission to bring transparency and visibility to the IT Services industry and they always look for the unknown and like to try out new cool stuff. Their outcomes require hard work and fun and they believe they can realize their ambitions only by working as a team. They offer competitive terms of employment that have a focus on performance, and development. This is consistent with their passion to put together great results and to professionalize the organization. They are based in Amsterdam and Alpen aan de Rijn, work global and expand rapidly.
About the role
The role is across two locations. You will start as the sole UX/UI Designer with a broad function that includes strategic thinking as well as hands on UX/UI. You will work closely with the product owner, the technical teams and the wider business to drive and develop the product. You will have a clear vision for great UX/UI that will elevate our product and you will be the main driver and champion for the whole business on this. You are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, and you love to be creative and disruptive. You have a healthy dose of common sense and are pragmatic. You like to develop your UX/UI by due diligence (research, best practices, user testing etc.) and can defend your proposals both with data and experience.
- Take ownership of the whole product in terms of UX/UI and safeguard consistency, quality, relevance and simplicity
- Actively help build, evolve and drive user testing and research capabilities
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new features
- Create UX/UI deliverables on a mobile first principle (responsive design) and optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Take a user-centric design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs with stakeholders and customers
- Translate concepts and requirements into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive, elegant and relevant user experiences
- Facilitate project/feature discoveries including: workshops, research, analysis, communication of research findings and translating these into actionable insight for design
- Present design solutions to delivery teams and wider groups of business stakeholders
- Consult and involve key stakeholders across the business to thoroughly understand all parts of the business and their requirements
- Challenge established thinking, ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, stakeholders and customers.
- Five or more years of UX design experience. Expertise designing solutions for entire platforms and/or large digital products is a must. Experience in start-ups is a plus.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet the business needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX/UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- A good grasp of modular design systems (such as atomic design principles).
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.